All this happened, more or less...

My name is G and these are the true stories of my adventures.

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Ask My Kids III: The Apocolypse

DSCF8317
*Disclaimer: This first drawing was done by my cousin. I feature it here because I favor her shamelessly. And because the guy with his head on fire is funny.

In conjunction with studying e.e. cummings' "what if a much of a which of a wind", I asked my juniors to sketch and/or describe how they imagine the world might end. I expected to get some religious reflections on the Second Coming, perhaps some geopolitical analyses... I pretty much got action films, but a few seemed worthy of sharing with you.
For your enjoyment, Expatriate Games presents:

"The End of the World"
*cue foreboding brass theme*


DSCF8323

My favorite on this list is "massive floods", although the guy warding off aliens with a slingshot is pretty sweet too.



DSCF8328

"The end of the world will be like a light getting switched off. All of a sudden, everything will go dark and everyone will be dead."




DSCF8329



DSCF8320

"George 'Dubya' will launch a 'nuculer' missal at China or somebody. They'll launch one back. And everyone will die. Dumb@$#!"


"Either we'll discover that iPods give you brain tumors, the entire population of every developed country will die, and the world economy will collapse into another Stone Age, or this will happen:"

DSCF8326

No comments: